Portuguese Passport for Goans - Choose your Attorney

on Saturday, April 18, 2009

This post will help you decide on appointing an attorney in Portugal.
Deciding on an attorney in Portugal is like find the needle in a haystack. There are many well known attorneys available in Portugal who will promise you the moon. In the begening I too had many difficulties in find an attorney in Portugal finally I found one tru a Portuguese Passport Agent in Goa. I gave all my papers & money to this agent and the process was initiated by no one followed it. The process has to be followed vigorously and a lot of time and phone call are required for this.
 
Normally an attorney in Portugal will charge you a nominal fee of Euro 400.00 for birth and marriage registration. I would say forget him. He might be the best attorney but what is does is simple. He takes your papers and your money and submits the papers and than forgets about them. To submit the Portuguese Nationality papers for those born before 19th Dec 1961 there is no charge.
 
There are some who charge you Euro 150 - 200 to submit the Portuguese Nationality papers and another Euro 400 to follow the process. I would go for them since they know what they are talking about and you don't have to pay all the money in lump sum. First pay for submission and they will provide you with the process number. With the Portuguese Nationality for Goans process number in hand you can call the Conservatoria dos Registos Centrais -  Lisbon directly from the numerous pay phones available in Goa and get updates. You have to speak in Portuguese with the officers at the Conservatoria. To find people who speak Portuguese and make this calls click HERE. If you intend to use the follow up services of the attorney you can make a deal with this attorney and make payments in instalments.
 
There are some who charge you Euro 1250 these attorneys are quick and promise you the process completion in 4- 5 month. People who have budget for these kind of fees and need the Portuguese Passport in a hurry should use this services.
 
There are also some agents in Portugal who investigates your process and give you the updates these agents charge you anywhere between euro 20 - 50 click HERE and leave a comment an agent will contact you.
 
If you intend to submit your Portuguese Passport process in Portugal allocate more budget for follow up services. To my understanding if you follow the Portuguese Passport for Goans process vigorously it should take 5 - 6 to complete the process of registering the birth and than the marriage. Registration of Marriage in Portugal has a pre defined time, when you submit the papers for the registration of marriage in Portugal they will give you a set date to collect the registration certificate normally 30 - 45 days max.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a portuguese passport and ID which needs renewal and also want to start the process for my daughter. Could you please advise the name o flawyer and his contacts
Thanks
mario Cordeiro ttl@eim.net.ae

Goa said...

Please e-mail me more details of your case.
e-mail: goanewz@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

i have a original portuguese document of my mother who was born in 1946 in goa.but she has expired. my dad is alive.i don't have any document of his.we now live in mumbai. how can i get a portuguese nationality through my mothers document. pls help.

Goa said...

Your process is half done if you have the original document. Please send e-mail to goanewz@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

i have a original portuguese document of my mother who was born in 1946 in goa.but she has expired. my dad is alive.i don't have any document of his.we now live in mumbai. how can i get a portuguese nationality through my mothers document. pls help.
you said half done. pls explain

Goa said...

send me an e-mail and I will explain in details. You can use your mothers document for your father.

Anonymous said...

can i apply for a portuguese passport before my dad?

Goa said...

Only if your parents marriage is registered in Portugal

Anonymous said...

In the month of April 2009 we received from the Conservatoria dos Registos Centrais. that we have examined the process of marriage.and we are awaiting for the completation of the proceedings. so far no news from their side. how long will it take. who shold we contact for the delay? what will be the next step after this adn how long will it take to get the portuguese notionality.

Goa said...

The marriage must be registered in Portugal. Either the letter is sitting on your attorney's desk or lost. Send me an e-mail goanewz@gmail.com and I will get your assento.

Anonymous said...

We got our process number in 2005 and now we got a letter from consverdo registo saying that our marriage is registered.But now i am confused and would like to know what is registered first marriage or birthand if marriage is the last step to achieve portuguese nationality.

Anonymous said...

My Name is Mr.Estevao born in 1952 in Goa. I want to do my portuguese passport. I leave in dubai for last 24 years with my family. What are the documents required to do portuguese passport. How long does the process take to get portugese nationality. Can the portugese passport be done in dubai

Goa said...

Please read my blog post on how to register birth for persons born before 1961. And yes you can apply from Dubai but I would not advise on it. For more information send e-mail to goanewz@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

what are the new rules from 01 08 09 for registration birth and marriage in goa ?

thank you

Goa said...

You can call and ask the Consulate yourself. The Tel No. +91 832 2421525 or send an e-mail to consulado@goa.dgaccp.pt

Anonymous said...

I have applied for Portuguese Nationality in Portugal. My process Number is 34942/09. Can you tell me on which site can I find where my process has reached.

Anonymous said...

I have applied for portuguese nationality in portugal. I got my process number. Can someone help me to know my status of application and on which site I should check?

Goa said...

Please send an e-mail to goanewz@gmail.com for more information

Anonymous said...

my mother has expired.we live in mumbai.
my mother's brother birth has been registred in portugal on their fathers old document.
can i apply for portuguese nationality

Goa said...

Yes you can. Send e-mail to goanewz@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I was born in Goa in March 1950 and have applied for Portuguese Passport. Several old documents (mothers and fathers Portuguese Passports, landing and docking tickets) have been used by my two brothers and they have Portuguese Passports now. I left with my parents for E Africa and returned only in 1968. I have submitted my papers through a friend in Portugal who is now asking for any documents before 1961 which have my name mentioned on them and I do not have any. Please advise.

Goa said...

You can provide CRC with the proces # of your brothers or sisters who have acquired Portuguese Nationality on the basis of your parents OLD document.

Unknown said...

how much time does it take to register marraige..? is 35000/- a good deal for registering process.

Goa said...

Marriage Registration Charges Euro 100
Lawyer Fee Euro 400 - 500
Time 3 days to 4 months

Anonymous said...

Hi Goanews,
do u help in only registering the birth and marriage? or do u also help in acquring the final passport after registering the birth and marriage?
if so how long would it take for it?
Thanks

Goa said...

Send an e-mail to goanewz@gmail.com for more information.

Post a Comment