Cable Television or DTH in Goa

on Wednesday, July 29, 2009

In  today's world almost everything is digital or WIFI. To keep up with the trend I discontinued my Cable TV and bought myself a brand new Airtel DTH. The sales rep was perfect to feed me all the bull he had and dish out some super deals to make the service and the rates spicy. He managed to talk me into his crappy service for which I paid Rs.2600 and some change for a full year subscription. During the sales talk, he made me feel this was the ultimate.

One month later, I regret for switching to DTH. No doubt, they offer digital picture but of course, it comes with a price, which is hard to pay during bad days (Recession), which we all are going tru. DTH works out very expensive to the Cable TV but you realize this only after you have installed the dish and purchased the subscription. The sales person will never show his face again to you.  

The normal cable TV will cost you Rs.1600 after you talk to your cable operator about discontinuation of his services where as you need to make more than Rs.3000.00 to get all that you get by keeping your cable TV.

The choice is yours, analyze and take advice from friends before you make a decision. Best is to make an excel sheet and calculate the difference. Or else you will end up paying more money like me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment